Where to put the Hartley Spool Holder?

wjfrazior

Can anyone please suggest where I should install the Hartley Spool Holder on my George? I\'m presently quilting with Bottom Line in top and bottom and, it wants to twist back on itself as it feeds off the vertical spool holder that came with George. I\'ve had the Hartley since November but not real sure of the best location.

TIA.

Jill

Jill, do you have one of the thread nets to slip on it. That usually helps keep it from slipping down and getting tangled and twisted around the spindle under the cone. I don\'t have the George nor HF, but seems like it should work. if you don\'t, do you have a small part, like the foot of a nylon you could cut the ends off and slip over it. if the spool isn\'t too empty that also should work. Last resort would be to sew a wide seam up the nylon tube, so it fits, not real snug and not loose enough to slip down. Hope that helps..

RitaR

Hi Rita....thanks for your reply.

I do have thread nets, and I have been using them. However, the thread is twisting back on itself after passing through the first guide. I\'m not sure if mounting the thread in a horizontal fashion on the Hartley is the answer, but thought I\'d give it a try.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer suggestions. ;)

For anyone else who was wondering where the Hartley Spool Holder should be positioned on their George, Myrna was kind enough to tell me that it goes on the top of the machine, approximately 2" behind the post that holds the flexible light.

Thanks Myrna!!

Archived