looking for quilt pattern

Does anyone know of a basket weave quilt pattern made from 9 patches? I think someone posted one here along time ago, it was red, white and blue and quilted with cables. I want to make one for QOV and can't find a pattern, I've googled and only find the strip kind.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

PamH

I have a basket weave pattern, but mine also is made with strips. (Sew three long strips together, cut them into 8 inch sections, then rotate each one to make basket weave) Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but I will try to post a pic.

Peggy

Pam, if you are so inclined combine both in one top! A two-block quilt... The rail fence with the nine patch alternating between blocks -- that makes a very very VERY pretty quilt! Super easy and has a lot of eye interest and impact. :) You won't be disappointed if you do the two block quilt with the rail fence and the nine patch. I've made these (easy , quick) using the same fabrics and they are super pretty combined together.

Here's one on point that I found in Webshots that only uses two fabrics. I like this one! :) The piecer used rail fence blocks as the border and the nine patch block in each corner of the quilt.

I also noticed she chose a very bold print with the white fabric. You could do this, too, or use more subtle prints (even solids or tone on tones) and they really turn out pretty.

post--1346190005505_thumb.jpg

Yes that is the quilt I am looking for. I would love to find the pattern. I worked it out in EQ but I would like to have the directions, since there are (I think) 5 different nine patch blocks, guess I will just have to sit and think it out. Jessica did a beautiful job quilting it.

But I'm still going to do the one Shana showed.

PamH

Archived