Needle position when powering on machine

lisae

Today when I powered on my Millennium, the needle is in the down position. I don't remember this ever happening before. Am I losing my mind? Everything else seems to be okay.

Addendum: Everything else is not okay. The stitch length indicator display on the front of the machine is blank, too. When I turned the machine off it made a loud click sound. Darn, I really wanted to quilt tonight!

Lisa,

I had a somewhat similar problem when I first got my machine. Since it was new, I didn't know any better. When I would first turn it on, the needle would go in the down position and the channel lock would automatically turn on. This was very frustrating, especially when I was working from the back because I would forget about the channel lock and wonder why I was feeling resistance. If I started out at the front of the machine, the #9 light would be on and remind me that the channel lock defaulted to "on".

I called Connie and she sent me a replacement circuit board. It was not hard to change them out. Nowdays I think something is "wrong" because I don't hear the motor noise from the needle going down when I first turn on my machine. :P I'm getting used to it though. It's a very good thing.

Hi All,

We have had to replace some boards, for that problem, however... Keep in mind that, if the hand wheel or gets bumped or moved it will cause the needle to move when you turn the power on... It is because the sensor in the back of the machine is looking for the next sensor, because the needle is not in the right place... (Does this make any sense?) If not give me a call!!

If the problem happens concistently when turning on the machine, then we need to check into getting some boards to replace what you!

Let me know!

Thanks, Connie. I did talk to Mike this morning and he felt it may be a circuit board as well. Today the needle is in the up position when I power up the machine. In the past, it has always cycled once when I power on the machine. So I will keep an eye on it and if there is a problem I will let you know! Thanks again!

Archived