Micro-drive question

ramona-quilter

Is there an on/off switch on the microdrive itself or do you have to turn on at the handle bars and quickly move your hands to the drive?

That would seem somewhat awkward but I have to ask. Or does it become second-nature like shifting gears with the right hand while steering with the left hand? I am thinking about putting one on my Ultimate I.

Can one of you micro-drivers answer this one for me?

Hi Ramona,

The Micro-Drive is a nifty accessory that fits easily on your needle bar.

It has the handle knobs, & you simply start your machine the normal way & start quilting! :D

I Love mine!

Ramona:

It's fairly easy to use, even for a beginner like me! When I know I'g going to need it, I fold down one or both 'handles' and lock them into place, so they're ready when I am. If I am doing a border and am getting close to the clamps at the side, I will flip that side up and out of the way until I finish that section. Otherwise, I think they're great!

Deborah McVay

Millenium

Bloomsbury, New Jersey

Ramona:

It's fairly easy to use, even for a beginner like me! When I know I'g going to need it, I fold down one or both 'handles' and lock them into place, so they're ready when I am. If I am doing a border and am getting close to the clamps at the side, I will flip that side up and out of the way until I finish that section. Otherwise, I think they're great!

Deborah McVay

Millenium

Bloomsbury, New Jersey

• 1 month later...

Romana.

When you are usig the micro-drive. You usually aren't running at full speed. So it's not a big deal to turn your machine on and off. I just spent a couple of days going aroung applique with it. What a help. Give me a call if you have any questions! Shifting gears is a good comparison I like that !

Myrna

Archived