Maintenance Checklist

Greg

I was wondering if anyone has compiled a daily, weekly, monthly ( and perhaps yearly) maintenance checklist (PDF?) that I could keep on a clipboard and run through for my wife's Milli as required? Just got done watching the "Gone quilting" DVD and the section on maintenance is great but I'd like to reduce it down to a procedure just like airplane pilots do...before she takes off. ;););)

Thats a tough one Greg.. most of us didn't keep a list for weekly/monthly. Main reason is because there are so many "ifs" that we'd all have different selections, different schedules, and a wide variety in between.

Just sit down with the owners manual and the CD, and compile a list as you go.

Others will pop in with better ideas,

Good Luck,

Greg,

I have attached a "recommended maintenance schedule" that is included on the "manual CD" with the machine (the complete manual, including a repeat of the installation/assembly instructions, is on the CD.)

There may be slight differences between the maintenance recommendations on your CD and this document. In addition, the current recommended interval for considering a "spa treatment" for an APQS machine is 5-7 years. During a Spa Treatment we check internal parts such as bearings and bushings for wear, along with the gearbox gears, hopping foot and needle bar bushings, circuit board updates, etc. Typically machines won't need to come back before that interval.

The most important part of keeping the machine running efficiently is keeping the hook area clean and well-oiled. It is possible to "over-oil" the top wicks and side wick, which can cause more problems than under-oiling. Only have your wife add a drop or two of oil to a wick if it is dry to the touch.

In addition, it's a good idea to check the pigtail thread guides for wear, along with checking the needle plate hole for scratches or notches. These are the most common reasons for thread breakage after eliminating the thread as the culprit. A broken needle will also ultimately cause a burr somewhere on the hook and/or the needle plate, so it should be a routine to thoroughly examine the hook after any needle break, and smooth out any burr with fine emery cloth.

Please feel free to call or email us any time with questions! Thanks for being such a helpful "support team" member!

Appendix L--Recommended Maintenance Schedule.doc

Thanks Everyone! That was quick. The checklist Dawn provided looks like something even I can do. A quick check off and SHE (who must be obeyed) will be ready to rock and roll. As I suspected there really isn't too much until something goes wrong. then its a "mystery hunt" until its figured out and corrected. When that happens....I'll be back (just like Arnold)

Archived