How to save a design for digital as a .PAT file

lovet studios

HELLO!!

I need some help from the professionals!   I am looking to make custom designs and save them as a .pat file so that my quilting partner can make blocks of my designs.   I purchased electric quilt 8, but can't export designs as a .pat file.   Can anyone help me figure out this conundrum, lol. there are not a lot of information I can find and thought this forum might be able to help me!  I dont have a lot of money, but I have a lot of heart..

thanks!  Charlotte

I'm not sure, but I think you need more of a digitizing program such as Art and Stitch or some other graphic program. If you can save the design as a .dxf, you might then be able to get it to your partner and get it converted to a .pat file. EQ8 is more of a program for designing quilts not digitized designs.

I teach EQ as well, and I don't think it's possible to do what you want to do with the program. The export options are very limited because that's just not what the program is for. You would need some picture editing software for this. I have no experience with pat files but did a Google search for the file extension. Photoshop seems to be the main program for this type of file but the result also mentioned Gimp. I personally haven't tried this software but it is freeware and several of my guild members love it and highly recommend it. So maybe you could export your picture as bmp or jpg from EQ and then use Gimp to convert it to pat? Just an idea, I don't know if it will work.

Archived