HELP!!!! What could be causing my Liberty to do this....

mrsbishwit

I have a king size quilt on my machine (a pantogragh thank goodness) but only half way done and my Liberty seems to be flickering on and off as if there is a short circuit or something, and when it flickers on and off while in motion or just sitting there whether it is in stitch regulator mode or not it will also elongate the stiches as well (I am assuming this is caused by the short circuit). I have changed out the fuses 2 times and I have checked all of the wires no loose ones that I can find. So what could be the cause. Oh and I also noticed that on the back I will occaisonally have a very small loop in my stitching even tightening up my upper tension does not correct this problem. Don't know if these are related to each other or not but it all seemed to happen when the short circuit thing started happening.

BTW did I mention that this quilt needs to be off my machine and ready for pick up on Wed. 8/8/07!!!

I know that it is late Friday night but when does anything ever go wrong during the normal APQS business hours, right? Oh also if this helps any my machine is only 2 years old and is still under factory warrenty.

SOS!!! :(

Joann

Well I think I have found the problem. My light was flickering on & off as well when the problems would occur so I decided to change my flourescent light bulb to see if that was the problem (the old bulb was starting to develope a dark spot on the bulb like they do when they start to go bad) anyways once I changed the bulb it appears that the problem has stopped Ihave been able to complete several rows without any problems. So my DH thinks that the light was causing a break in the electrical circuit when it was flickering on & off causing the other problems.

Hopefully this is all that it was and nothing more serious. I have only about 7 more rows to do on the quilt and plan on getting it off my machine today before we go to church this evening (I hate getting up early on Sundays to go to church so I always try to talk my DH into going to Sat. Mass instead ;) ).

Thanks for the concerns.

Joann

Myrna, it doesn't look like I will get to meet you this time around...I am a bit beyond the beginners class (since I have had my machine for 2 years now) and I can't swing the expense of an advance class. I have a lot of expenses right now because of having to have major dental work done on one of my 7 year old twins (she needs to be completely knocked out for the dentist to work on her and that requires an anestheiologist which our dental plan will not cover so that fee is strictly out of pocket and then add on the additional out of pocket expense for the procedure itself and we are looking at a $1,200. fee that is due at the time of her procedure.

So not only am I going to be broke, but I also have to work in additional customer quilts into my schedule just to try to absorb the large expense of her dental bill.

Who ever said that it takes roughly around 1 million to raise a kid these days (from birth through college) wasn't kidding. This is the same daughter of mine that also needed to be in NICU for a week after she was born. Those bills took us several years to pay off.

Joann

Archived