Best videos or dvds to purchase?

JoAnnHoffman

I have just ordered Ricky Tims' DVD called Grand Finale. I haven't seen it, of course, so can't really vouch for it personally yet, but the reviews I read about it said it was excellent. I got it at his website. I don't know if it is LA specific or just geared to machine quilting in general. But it was 122 minutes for $22, which I thought wasn't bad. There are also Pam Clarke's videos, which I haven't seen yet either. I also really like Karen's and Nichole's DVD's; they're great!

In addition to the ones previously mentioned, I also like Linda Taylor's Longarm Quilting Season 100. It has 13 episodes from her PBS series that we do not get out here in the Bay Area. I believe she also has season two just out. They are almost $100 but well worth it. Some really good guests. Great variety.

Cheryl

• 4 weeks later...

The Ricky Tims, Grand Finale is not for longarmers. Yikes he sews the design twice on a regular machine, once backwards from the back of the quilt top with water soluble thread and then again on top of the quilt with regular thread. Though it is entertaining and it does have some good tips on other subjects and he is cute to watch. The price is right at $18.00 on Ebay.

I was very fortunate this summer to get to actually meet Sharon Schamber and have a private lesson with her ---and while at her house she gave me a complete set of her dvd's. I have recently (ok--since meeting Sharon and seeing her long arm) purchased a Millie and took out Sharon's dvd on "no marking machine quilting" WOW! She has broken down all the shapes used in machine quilting to 4 basic ones. Yes---she demonstrates it on a regular sewing machine---but it is very easy to adapt to the long arm. You may purchase them at http://www.sharonschamber.com/Store.htm She goes into detail on feathering.

Dianne

Lone Wolf Quilting

Archived