help! Tension trouble

uncquilter

Can someone help? I am having some tension trouble. King Tut is in the bobbin and on top. Things look ok on top. But on the backing side there are spots (along curves) where the thread looks like it is just laying on top of the fabric. It\'s not everywhere, just along some of the curves. What causes this? How can I fix it? Thanks so much.

Carol:(

Thanks Patty. I will give that a try. May need to take a little break first, as I have been tightening and loosening tension for what seems like forever and I can\'t get it right. How is the weather your way? It is pouring rain here in Palm City Florida.

If anyone else has any suggestions I am open to all help!

Thanks

Carol

Hi Patty,

Thanks so much for your help. I loosened the bobbin tension and I think that is helping. I\'ve had my machine for a year and still feel like a newbie. Don\'t get to quilt as much as I would like. Palm City is on the east coast of Florida. We are just north of Palm Beach. Thanks again for the help.

I\'ll do more tomorrow.

Carol:)

I know this post is a few days old and it seems that you have it figured out but I\'m hoping someone can help me.

I\'ve got a APQS Liberty and no matter what I do I have been unable to get the tension right. I get it right for a bit and then it changes. I\'ve tried all the things that everyone says on these posts about tension but just can\'t seem to get it figured out. I\'m so frustrated now that I think I should sell my machine. It seems like all I\'m doing is trying to get the tension right. I just spent over an hour trying to get it right, I finally gave up and just went and had a good cry. (not that it did any good though)

My husband is home during the day and a while back he called APQS and talked to them about the tension problem. I checked everything they said and tried to adjust it like your supposed to but no luck.

The other thing that is weird about my machine is that when it sits there after I\'ve stopped it from sewing the needle that shows the speed of the machine or the stitch length when the stitch regulater is on jumps around. I don\'t know why it would do that.

And the third thing that my machine does is sometimes when I turn it on and it makes the sound (I don\'t know how to say it but it makes the sound when it comes on) it sits there and acts like a stuck record. It does not do that all the time only sometimes.

The problem is that I work a full time job and only get to sew on the weekends and then not every weekend. But the office to call for help is only open during the week. I\'m just not sure what to do.

Thanks for letting me vent and I\'m hoping someone can help but I don\'t feel like it can be fixed.

Tmaus,

What kind of thread are you using?

Do you have time at work during a break or at lunch time that you can put a call into Amy about the other two issues your Liberty is having?

Where are you located?

Hang in there, remember your Liberty is a machine (even though we may love them like our kids!) and all machines can be fixed.

Tmaus,

Give me a call on my cell, 225-715-5524. Where are you located. Don\'t worry, once you get it perfect, it becomes a lot easier. Also, there are many factors that affect tension, not just what is going on in the bobbin case. I can help. You have a great machine, she just needs a good talking to.

Sandra

Tmaus,

Hi, I am by no means an expert. As I said already it\'s been a year and I\'m still feeling like a newbie. Like you I work (part time), and I don\'t get to use the machine as much as others. So my learning curve is longer. I too have a hard time getting the tension just right. I think it just takes lots of practice. We just need to be patient. I know it can be done because the rep who set it up was able to get it set just right with whatever thread she put in it. Took her seconds to do it while i fiddle around with it for an hour! Are you quilting for a business? I am only quilting for myself so I don\'t have any pressure on me to have it just perfect. I haven\'t had a chance to play around with mine since my last post so I don\'t know if I have really gotten everything straightened out or not. Everyone on this site is so helpful! sorry to just run on so much, just want to let you know you are not alone. I can always lend you an ear for listening even if I can\'t help fix the problem. Do hang in there and follow the advice of the more experienced quilters. They are the best. Feel free to send a u2u if you\'d like. I\'ll let you know if I get my tensions issues all fixed as well. I do feel the apqs machines are the best. Don\'t throw in the towel!

Carol

Thank you, each of you, for responding to my post. I\'m in tears of gratitude that someone is willing to help me.

Nadia, is Amy someone at APQS? I will try to take the number with me to work and try to find time to call. I should be able to it\'s just stopping and doing it. But I\'m going to make an effort!

Sandra, I live in Washington state, on the west side. I am about hour away from where Sherry Harrison lives. She came out and helped me with my machine when I had a Millinium and I couldn\'t get that tension to be right. If nothing else I\'m going to ask APQS how much it will cost me to have her come help me again. And she fixed it last time in less than an hour, if I\'m remembering right.

I have to go to work now but I can\'t tell you how much it means that you answered my post.

Carol, I\'m not quilting for a business,(good thing) I\'m only quilting for myself. I\'m actually quilting as a ministry. Most everthing I make goes to the elderly or to a place where people come in that are having a hard time and they just watch for who they think it would bless and encourage and give them a quilt. I haven\'t done very many for that place yet. Mostly just to the elderly. I know they don\'t care if I make bobbles and such. And thank you for "running on so much", it\'s VERY encouraging.

Take care and have a good day; I\'ll check this tomorrow or tonight. I\'ll try to keep you posted but like Carol I work and by the time I get home I\'m lucky to do supper, clean up and relax for a bit before heading to bed.

Sandra, I would love to give you a call but I think we are quite a few hours different. So I would need to call you on a Saturday or Sunday. I will see what happens with calling APQS and hopefully that will do it.

Again, thank you all!

Tamara

Archived