Rulers

Grammie

Ok, what useful rulers would you recommend. I don't want to purchase something just because. What do I really need?

I would like something to control the foot alittle better and also to help with freehand curves. Would like some suggestions. I thought about the paisley offered on the APQS site and maybe the dainty ditcher. All opinions are welcomed.

Guest Linda S

Sherry's Dainty Ditcher is a fabulous little ruler. I also love the new SID ruler (Best Ruler) by Megan Best. You can get one by emailing her at bestqltr@msn.com. One of the most helpful things for following curves is a small oval that will fit in your hand -- maybe a 4-5" oval. I have circles that I use for marking feathered wreaths, etc. I by most of my rulers from Tracey Browning (usually via Columbia River Quilting) because her Constantine Quilts Rulers are great, no frills, economical rulers.

Linda

Hi Grammie,

My favorite rulers include the dainty ditcher, Rob's curves over the ditch ruler (I use it a lot in narrow sashes) and Janet Lee's 90 degree ruler in the junior size. Donita Reeve has a great video called "Favorite Gadgets and Tools for Longarm Quilting" that opened my eyes to new ways to use rulers. Have fun deciding!

Archived