Here's a REAL challenge (pictures)

Hi all,

This quilt is one of two raffle quilts for my guild. The longstanding quilter got the easier traditional quilt, and I got thei 92X92 Oddly clolored contemporary challenge!

I think I know what I will do with the pints, both in the blocks and border. I need some ideas for the empty corners and side areas. I was thinking, as I like to take ideas from the quilt itself, I would emulate a large quarter block of the New York Beauty. Any other ideas?

Also, if you notice, there is a secondary design of it looking like one big block of blocks on top of another and I was thinking I would like to try and accentuate that, either with texture of quiklting or thread???

Any input vey much appreciated, as this quilt has to be FABULOUS!!!!

post--1346189773531_thumb.jpg

You definitely got the interesting one. I would take the pieced New York Beautyish design and turn it into a quilt design. putting the quarter circle in each pink corner and having the rays extend out towards the center of the quilt. I would also put the same sun design in between the center blocks in the pink area that look like they have cleavage. The rays would be pointing towards the outside of the quilt. Then I would fill in with McTavishing or something similiar. You could also make the rays squiggly instead of staight lines. Love the cat. Good luck.

LOL the cat is great! I like the quilt too. What fun to quilt. I would repeat the arc in the "cleavage" an din the four corners. Or if you have room in the four corners repeat the circle there. I can also see bring the small center circle out from the corners. So many possibilities!

Myrna

Archived