F2 verses new software?

Guest Linda S

Now that you mention it, does anyone have any info on the F2 software? Their website says they began Beta testing in January (I think) and there is no other info. I emailed them twice now, asking if they have any ETA on the software and received no response. Looks like a great program, but it's not good if you can't get it! :o

I'm anxious to hear about the product Judy is trying also.

Linda

• 1 month later...

Hi, Bono just wrote me, he's had some ups & downs or ahall I say a hold back alittle there working out the program, he says hes almost there & will keep me posted, Anyone else hear anything else? I just bought a new computer & a Quick Books pro program for it, I cant wait to check that out. see ya Cindaroo

The software is now complete and should be available by the end of July. It is Machine Quilters' Business Manager and I highly recommend it. The lady who wrote the software worked with longarmers to make it exactly what we need. Several of us tested it for quite a while and kept in almost constant contact with her and each other on improvements/additions to the software.

Here's the web page although I was told it would be ready by the end of the month, it looks pretty ready now:

http://www.eurekadocumentation.com

Guest Linda S

Thanks Judy!

This looks like it will be a great program. A little on the spendy side, but I suppose worth every penny. The F2/Quilter's Business Suite seems to have hit several snags. The fellow who was developing it had to let his design team go and is trying to finish it up on his own. I think he was aiming for the end of June, but it doesn't look as though he made it. I'm excited about this new software. Hopefully, I'll be needing it soon! Just when I think I'm doing really well, I end up with a couple hours of completely UGLY quilting. All me -- the machine is purring along, I just start to spazz out. I guess that's what PPP is all about!

Linda

WOW, I couldnt be more happy to see that software, its almost like fate!!! I LOVE it, I'm canceling my quick books tommorrow morn before they send out my other computer. I'm truly impressed, THANK YOU JUDY & you other ladies who helped make the software possible. catch ya soon, Cindy(roo)

The good thing about Quilters' Business Manager software is that you don't need Quick Books or anything to use it.

I'll just list a few things here that I really liked:

1. Customer Service - I think Mary is truly as excited as we all are to have a program that is so tailored to our needs. She worked so hard with us testers to work out every detail -- even things that I would have said "live with it!" One of the things was that in all states, taxes are different. In some states, (KY) everything is taxed . . even shipping charges over what the shipping actually costs. If I charge $10.00 for S&H and I only pay Fed Ex $9.95, then .05 is taxed. Guess it's to help pay for our wonderful roads!:mad:

Ok . . How did I get off on that? Anyway . . in some states, only thread or batting is taxed so Mary had to come up with something that accommodated everyone. With Quick Books Pro and Quick Start that Bona had, the whole bill was either taxed or not taxed.

2. If you have a picture of the quilt you did, in the invoice portion saved on your computer, you can add a link to that picture so that if Susie comes to you in December and wants her quilt done just like Mary's quilt that you did in January, you can go back to the invoice, click on the picture and there it is.

3. I'm really bad about keeping up with my mileage and every invoice has a place to put your miles if you incurred mileage.

4. You can keep track of clients on your waiting list and your next available date and you can log in their next appointment on their invoices.

It really was written totally with the longarmer in mind. She didn't take an already existing program and modify it to fit our needs. And, it has been tested by longarmers for several months.

Archived