X Hookup Block when installing Edgeriders with CQ

Rowena

I recently put Edgriders on my Millie with CQ.

After getting the wheels on, the X Axis Hookup Block was too short, as the Edgeriders make the carriage sit higher. It was now 1/2" too short.

As it would take a few weeks before one was sent from the US, and I wasn't about to take the Edgeriders off, I attached the block housing as follows.

1. Took the two shims from underneath the carriage where the Y motor is bolted on. Substituting them with a spring washer.

2. Got a longer bolt with the same thread from the Hardware store. 2.5" to 3"

3. Used the Spacers that were used with the original wheels. That were now not needed.

4. A shim is placed either side of the carriage, with one rotated 180 degrees.

When the CQ was installed Sue drilled slightly larger holes than the bolts. This is why I was able to get it to sit on an angle.

post--13461901271773_thumb.jpg

I modified a CompuQuilter install for use with a CL. Same issue. I just super glued several washers to the top of the hook up block and bought a new longer bolt with 3 wing nut on top. It aligns correctly and does not contact the cable at an angle. I do not think bending the cable at the angle I see is a good idea. Stan has since offered a longer hook up block. To my knowledge my fabricated one is still in use after 2 years.

John

Archived