Cutting Bobbin Thread

Just so no one thought I was lost, I'm still around. Busy quilting.

I'm sitting here thinking how impatient I've gotten in my old age. With that Mille coming, I'm getting more and more anxious. Every time I snap this adapter foot off, and reach under the machine to clip the bobbin thread, I'm so thankful I took the plunge.

I'm working on a gorgeous Boston Commons quilt now. Can't wait to share a picture of it with you. It has to be finished by tomorrow so . . better get back to it.

Guest Linda S

Hi Judy!

I was getting a little worried about you after your post about the storms. Now that you have your power back, I'm sure you're quilting one up! I'm in hyperdrive trying to get ready for my Liberty to arrive. I have a feeling I will be too tired to quilt when she gets here! I've got over half the attic insulated and once that's done, I need to get the drywall up. I've never done such filthy hard work in my life, but I keep reminding myself that it will be SEW worth it!

:D

Linda

Hi Judy,

Just wondering why you're reaching under the quilt to cut the bobbin thread? Why not bring it to the top and cut it there?

How? Just move the machine head back, pick up the top thread in your left hand to form a loop, bring the machine head back and insert needle down into the last stitch. Bring the needle back up and pull on the top thread in your left hand. Voila! The bobbin thread is right there and you can cut it on top of the quilt instead of reaching underneath. :D

Darlene Epp

Millennium & Liberty

APQS Dealer

mailto:depp@allsteam.net

http://www.longarmsupplies.com

Darlene: That's the way I've always done it. My old Ult. I only had the one stitch button halfway at the back of the machine and I couldn't reach it easily so it was easier for me to reach under and clip the thread.

Mille is on the way so I'll just keep on for a few more weeks. For newbies starting out, Darlene's instructions are a whole lot easier than the way I do it.

Judy,

About the Milli thread cutter, once you cut the thread, the next time you go to pull it up to the top the bobbin thread is too short to catch. I don't use the thread cutter at all because of this. I pull it up to the top as Darlene suggests. You'll find it much easier once you get your milli and start playing.

Sheila

Archived