Looking for a quilt block directions

Does anyone have the Quilters Magazine, March 2006? I would like to have the fabric sizes and directions if available for the block: Mary Tenney Gray quilt block. I believe it is shown under the name Nantucket.

I have found a reference to it on the Quilter Mag. website but can't get in to see a picture. Our Ladies' Aid would like to make a charity gift quilt with this block for our Women's Retreat in May. I need to know the sizes of the strips or the proportions of them.

The block has an hour glass in the center with strip unit triangles coming out on each side. It is in two colors.

Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks.

Oh I have it! My daughter made that quilt. Give me a little time to find it.:D

This is the one she made but from your description it doesn't look like the same one? This picture is sideways--it's huge!

2692426190100404369S500x500Q85.jpg

This is the one in the magazine:

2132628700100404369S500x500Q85.jpg

I just found the website and saw the quilt. From the Title this is the one. Now if I can only find my issue. I emailed my daughter and we'll see if she responds tomorrow. I'll get back to you shortly.

Maybe in the meantime some else may have the issue and can jump ahead of me.

Thank you for that. I couldn't get that far to even see the picture when I looked. I found a diagram of the block I'm looking for on a math coloring book help site. And yes that is the block. Look at the mag. pic. down in the bottom corner. If you notice the sashing cornerstone and go out from there you see the seam to the right. Those strips are cut at a diagonal to make the square. Thanks so much. I posted on another site and someone has said she is sending the mag. to me. So don't get crazed looking for it now.

Madelyn

I'm glad you have another source. I can't find mine, but my daughter emailed me back and said the blue strips are one inch finished, and the colors are two inches. She made twice the number of blocks to make a larger version. Let us know if you get stuck.

Thanks, I will let you know if I need more help. Hopefully I will get some pictures of all the quilts we are making posted on here. We are using just two fabrics for them all because one of our ladies needed to downsize and she had complete bolts of these that went together. The other quilts are going to be made out of the same units placed to make different designs.

You'll never guess where I found it? I was looking for something else tonight and found a file folder in the dining room cabinet that had all the guts of this issue, torn out and filed under the name of each project. Quite a while ago I started getting rid of unused magazines, but tearing out the projects I MIGHT do some day.

Anyway, here is a picture of the cutting page. If you go to the webshots page, you can enlarge it even more. Hope it helps.

2563761790100404369S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived