Just an Observation

I don't usually post the E2E but there is a real cute bird quilt I put the Floating Cloud panto on. It's so cute I'll post tomorrow when I can get a good photo. It would be great for people to post their favorite pantos done on quilts since it gives you ideas and reviews of pantos on fabric. Much easier to make those purchasing decisions....

Originally posted by JoleneK

The thing is, I love to see the everyday, average quilts as much as I enjoy seeing show quality quilts.

Me, too! I want to see the quilts you do, regardless of what it is. Frankly, I think sometimes there is "too much" quilting done on these quilts when something very simple and sweet would be most appropriate and look lovliest. I tend to appreciate the simple quilting (e.g. hand quilting) as that is what got me to fall in love with quilting in the first place.

I absolutely adore adore adore a lovely hand quilted quilt. There is simply nothing more exquisitely sweet and lovely that this. :) Why is this? I do not know but I think it is balance that the eye sees. Simple is a good thing.

Archived