Is this a never ending headache??

I just finished another Quilt and found that towards the end my machine developed a definite "wooble". It had a slight one from the beginning, and I am just not able to use my Circle |Lord until I get this fixed. I measured everything, my carriage is evenly spaced. My table is the same height front, back and center. The wheels are adjusted properly on the carriage , all 4, but if I grab the handles either front or back there is a "'jerking" going on.

Anyone know what that is all about? How can I get rid of that? My circles are ovals, my circle lord designs have almost square tops instead of round ones, too much paly all around. I have read the APQS Manual over and over, what am I missing?

I am soo frustrated right now. I am ready to throw in the towel. i have worked on this for 3 hours now and it's going nowhere!

I have a custom quilt to do with block work and I have to use the Circle lord, but not when it makes jagged designs.

Your words of wisdom are welcome.

Sorry about my rant, I think it is okay now. I readjusted the cams but forgot to tighten the bolts underneath, a very impportant part, everything seems to move smooth fron back side to side, I am too tired to put a practice piece oon and see if it works. Tomorrow is another day. Wish me luck.

Until I read your second post, I was going to write and say "Drop everything, and step away from the machine."

I am so glad you found the solution. Yes, go to bed, tomorrow will bring it's own problems. I will pray for you---luck carries no weight at moments like this. :D You need a higher power!

Murphy's Law: Everything goes wrong when you can't afford it. Solution: Ambivalence helps.;)

Archived