Classes in Colorado Springs

MYRNA FICKEN COMING SEPTEMBER 21-25, 2009

LONGARM WORKSHOP

HOSTED BY LAURA FARNHAM AND NA-LA’S QUILTIQUE

153 GRINNELL STREET

COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80911

LONGARM WORKSHOP

September 21, 2009 9-3 Free to new APQS owner that have not had the class

($200.00 to those looking to start a business) APQS machines will be used).

If you’re thinking about starting a machine quilting business of your own, or if you’ve just begun to create your business, this will be a very valuable class for you. I’ll share my 8 plus years of experience operating my own business and relate to you some important information about marketing your services and building your customer base. I’ll discuss information about order/consultation forms, suppliers, thread and batting selection. And the important role samples play in your business. I’ve developed many tips and tricks throughout my years in the quilting business and you can benefit from my experience and learn some of those timesaving and work-saving techniques from the beginning.

September 21, 2009 4-7 PM $75

Let’s Get It On With the Hartley Fence ~ 3 hour demo class

This is a beginner/intermediate level class. I’ll show you how easy it is to use your Hartley Fence to stitch perfect circles and perfectly straight diagonals for crosshatching your quilts. I’ll go over mounting the device to the table and go through all the basics as we discover design ideas for circles and diagonals and look at some quilts that showcase the beauty of these designs. We’ll move on to the Cookie Cutter Stencils and how to use them and various shapes of Cookie Cutters available to us. This is an excellent class for those who own these tools and are ready to “”Get It On”” and start making some $$ with these creative tools! Also a great class for those who don’t have a Fence yet and are contemplating the purchase of a circle-making device

**Workbook available for purchase. Please bring your book to class if you have one.

September 22, 2009; 9-4 $200.00

Just Do It ~Hands on class/drawing

This is a beginner to intermediate level class in which you will learn some fun techniques. I’ll teach you fillers, flowers, and all kinds of jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on any quilt. Fast and easy edge-to-edge designs to some thinking outside of the box. We’ll work with border design and carry parts of the design into the sashings and blocks. We’re going to spend some time on stitching in the ditch and alternatives. This is a busy class, loaded with lots of great ideas. Sketchpads and pencils are needed....

September 23, 2009 9-4 $200.00

Fowlproof Feather ~hands on/drawing

This is a beginning to intermediate level class. So many feathers, so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers and everybody has their own style! We’re going to get started with the most simple feather designs and we’ll jazz them up until they sizzle! I’ll show you techniques for swags and wreaths and adding decorative threads. It’s all designed to make those feather designs blaze on your quilts! Bring your imagination, pencil and paper along with a full dose of energy and attitude!

September 24, 2009 9-12, $100.00

Creating Spaces ~ design/drawing

This is an intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it, I’ll teach you how. You can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to help you create spaces then discover what to do in these spaces to enhance your quilt! See how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and learn to use whatever you might have on hand! You have permission to have FUN in this class!! Sketchpads and pencils are needed....bring those rulers to play with too!

September 24, 2009 1-4, $100.00

Need Ideas, How Do I Quilt This

Has this ever crossed your mind? What am I going to do on this quilt? Bring your tops that have you stumped and at a loss. I'll share my ideas for quilting them. You will be amazed once you see it through different eyes and get your creativity rolling. You've seen quilts hanging at shows and said, "I would have never thought of that or what a great way to do this". But you just can't see it when you are standing in front of the quilt you have to do NOW. Bring those tops; I have so many ideas to energize your imagination.

September 25, 2009 9-4 $200.00

Quilt Your Quilt

When signing up for this class you will be emailed as small quilt top pattern to make prior to class. It is a hands’ on class, only one person per quilt top, two students per machine. Space is limited. We will quilt it as a sampler to practice many designs in different areas that you learned earlier in the week. You may or may not get it finished. I will give tips and ideas on finishing it when you go home if you choose to do so. It will be a great piece to show your customers what you can do. This class will be a great learning experience and is always exciting. The backing will be provided and will either be solid black or muslin. Please bring your own pins to baste. Thread color is your choice but please use Superior So Fine and pre wound bobbins for this class.

***Classes must be prepaid. ****No refunds after can be given after Aug 30, 2009. Please contact Myrna @ myrna13@verizon.net to register or call 435-229-2703 or 301-725-2057. You may contact Laura nalasquiltique@gmail.com for directions.

Archived