Hydraulic Lift Problem

I have the hydraulic lift on my table. The braces that mount the lift motor to the table are under 2 crossbars. Every time I quilt over them, the machine is suddenly hard to handle. It's worse toward the front of the table. The width of the table is identical all the way across. So that is not the problem. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm thinking about removing the braces that mount the motor and mounting them somewhere else or maybe not mounting them at all. Has anyone else done this with your lift?

Thanks.

Yes - Debbi, I have also had this problem - Mine is still under the table but instead of centering, I have put mine as far to the left as possible (looking from the front of the machine). If the air tubes had been long enough, I would have mounted on the left leg set-up - but they were just too short. I feel that the present mounting system does put a strain on the table and even if everything is level and square, there is still an issue.

Actually, my DH came up with the idea of putting it clear to the left & he felt it should really be mounted on the leg to keep all stress from the table. I had been having problems from the beginning - once we moved the hydraulic motor - troubles decreased. For that matter, maybe they could come with something that just sits on the floor and we could place where we want...........

Archived