CQ designs

Grammie

This past week I have ordered MANY of deb's designs and let me tell you they are stitching out just great! My customers are just in love with their quilts especially the childrens quilts where the whimsical designs are really stunning on these tops.

I have discovered that some designs on the same size quilt will take 2 to 3 hours depending on my pace and machine speed while others will take a while as the designs are much more detailed and dense. I just did the grapevine design by deb and it took over 6 to 8 hours as it is very detailed and about 12 bobbins were used. The result was super and the customer was really happy with it. I guess what I'm saying is it was difficult to tell when the bobbin would go empty and I had to RESTART several times when changing the bobbin. It would not do a complete row without needing changed so the work was increased as well as time. Keep this in mind when estimating your charges for your customer if you plan to keep the pattern dense and not enlarge it. Some just look better if they are not too large.

Just sharing with you CQ folks out there.

I also purchased Keryn Emmerson's designs and let me tell you they are just Beautiful. I will be doing a custom this next week and will be using some of them. I can't wait to show the photos. I believe it will be stunning.

Here's what I do...

I can hear the bobbin kinda rattle (I also see a very slight difference in the tension too) as it gets near the end. I switch the run/stop switch to stop, pull up the bobbin thread and tie off, replace with a new bobbin, take a couple of securing stitches, and flip the run switch back on. This way I never miss a stitch!! If you can't hear the bobbin rattle as it gets low, look for the place where the bobbin thread ran out in the previous row, and do this BEFORE your bobbin thread is gone.

It saves you some time if you don't have to go to the re-start page....

BUT isn't having the individual restart points, along with the automatic needle placement locating ability, a wonderful feature when something unexpected does happen??? I LOVE that the CQ can take you back to the very last sewn stitch and pick up right where you left off!!! :P:P

Archived