Needle position, thread cutter issues

kshoemaker

Have been reading postings. Very helpful.

Yesterday, worked wih Christy at APQS regarding bobbin thread not coming up. She was great. After getting that issue resolved now have a problem with the needle dragging on the quilt and thread cutter not working. Have been through the timing more than once, changed needles etc. Worked on it all day yesterday. Any suggestions?

First time user to any forum at all.

There is an adjustment for that but I'm not sure what it is. You should email Amy and she'll get you set up. Maybe Dawn or Mark will scan postings this weekend and tell you what to do or somebody else out there that has had that problem. There was a post in the last month or two of somebody that had the same problem but I don't remember who it was.

The reason the bobbin thread cutter isn't working is because the needle isn't in the upmost position, so the real problem is the needle position...I have not encountered this problem, but I would suggest adjusting the hopping foot, since it may be impacting the needle position. I do have the APQS document (1 page) on adjusting the hopping foot. If you email me (jhunn@ladylakequilting), I'll attach it and send it to you (if you want). I'm just offering this since it is the weekend and I'm not sure if the central office staff are available. Who did you purchase the machine from? I would give them a call -- they should be able to streamline some assistance for you.

Archived