Myrna's coming to SD

MarieBrewer

I don't mean to usurp Joanne Hoffman but I just got a post from her telling me Myrna Ficken is coming to Hill City, SD Sept 25-27. Anyway, if anyone needs a place to stay, I have 3 bedrooms/ 2 bath rooms, in a walkout lower level (2K-1Q) so I would love to host anyone who wants to come. House is only 4 years old so it's decent looking. I have an occasional cat and a retired DH (always here). Go to Joanne's site pahasapa@enetis.net. Hope that's right. If not, go to Myrna's site.

To register for class and all other inquiries please call

Myrna at 435-229-2703 or myrnaf@q.com

September 25-26-27th

JoAnn Hoffman-Hill City, SD

605-574-4885 for directions

Full day 9-4, half days 9-12 and 1-4 ?

Cost $100 for a four hour class or $150 for both classes on one day.

$150 for an all day class.

Just Do It I & II September 25, Two part class take all or half day.

Full Day. Drawing and hands on

Morning session- What a full day we are going to have. I'll teach you flowers, leaves, jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on any quilt. Fast and easy edge-to-edge designs to some thinking "outside of the box."

In the afternoon when you are all warmed up for quilting, we will work on borders and sashings designs. For an added thriller we are going to do fillers. YES even micro fillers..We're going to spend some time on stitching in the ditch and alternatives. This is a busy class, loaded with lots of great ideas!!

Fowlproof Feather September 26th

Full day (hands on class)

So many feathers..so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers and everybody has their own style! This is an intermediate to a bit more advanced level class. I will show you how to create swags, work around the corners and how I mark for them. We will work on wreaths and add some decorative thread for some unexpected sparkle. Bring your imagination, pencil and paper along with a full dose of energy and attitude.

Creating Spaces September 27th

1/2 day

This is an intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it, I'll teach you how. You can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to help you create spaces then discover what to do in these spaces to enhance your quilt. See how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and learn to use whatever you might have on hand! I am going to talk to you about how I get started on a quilt and the process for me.

Gotta Love Those Samplers!

½ DAY

This is a beginner/intermediate level class in which I'll teach you my method of working a sampler from start to finish. Learn how to analyze, stabilize, and handle every block with confidence. I will show you different designs to use in black. Handouts will be provided for drawing. You'll see samplers in a whole new light! If you have abandoned block laying around bring one or two and I will demo on a couple if time permits.

No refunds will be given after Sept 12th

See you there, Myrna

Myrna Ficken

A Quilter's Choice

APQS~Sales~Service~Educator

435-229-2703

www.aquilterschoice.com

myrnaf@q.com

post--13461902460452_thumb.jpg

That is a very generous offer Marie, thank you. With an offer like that and the special class price how can you all not!! I'm sure we will be forced to have a great time while working!! And I am so excite to have JoAnn hosting me. I really am looking forward to coming;):D:P

Please contact me to register. Classes must be prepaid.

• 2 weeks later...

Classes still available

Call Myrna at 435-229-2703 or myrnaf@q.com

Just do it , Sept 25

1. Kim Frey

2. Patsy Bridge

3. Dee Haden

4. Beverly Blessing

5. Lily Kinross Wright

Fowlproof Feathers Sept 26

1. Patsy Bridge

2. Nancy McCrillus