Martelli Rotary Cutters

Hello every one, I am Valarie Webster, the daughter of John and Marsha Martelli, I would like to share just one of many emails that I have received from customers with challenges. I know my dad has helped hundredes of people like Mrs Cathy. Here is her story below.

I purchased your cutter, mat and long ruller at the >> show in N.H. on thursday I had given myself a little talk about being >> more open to new products and things that would make it easier for me to >> quilt so when I saw the demo about the cutter I thought that would be >> right for me as I am in a wheelchair and have deminished strength in my >> arms due to Multiple sclorsis. When I got the cutter mat and ruler home >> and showed them to my husband I had byers remorse WHAT WAS I THINKING >> SPENDING ALL THAT MONEY ON THESE THINGS!! I like using the ruler to see >> what I am cutting and my husband can continue to be my cutter. The next >> morning I tried the cutter first doing the 20 practice open and close. >> Then I tried cutting and using the mat as my ruler , still not sure of >> all this then I got brave and started cutting finished blocks even 4 at a >> time now its WOW THIS IS SO EASY AND WONDERFUL NOW I AM IN CONTROL OF THE >> CUTTING AGAIN!!!!! Gee maybe I should have bought the right handed cutter >> as well ,am amadectrous and the round mat ——see what you have >> created.. Thanks so much for your product my arms held up and don’t hurt >> and I don’t have to use as much preasure all ready I LOVE LOVE my new >> cutter and mat after just one day, Cathy

Hi Miss Cathy... > > Wow, I am so glad that you have found this cutting system and that you > love it as much as we do!!! > > It really does take all of the work out of cutting doesn’t it? > > You are a sweetheart that has made my day! I am going to show this to the > Martelli’s so you can make their day too... > > If you ever need anything do not hesitate to ask, or if you did want to > pick up some other items, I will give you the show special price any time > you are ready. > > You be sure to take good care of yourself Miss cathy... > > Bethany > martelli

Bethany Thankyou for your nice letter Yes you may use my letter. I should have waited a few days to sing your praises as they are even louder now. I have been cutting more in the last few days than what I have done in a whole year. Just yesterday I cut 36 blocks to size ,borders for 2 quilts and binding!!plus I helped my friend who also purchased your kit get started using it. I sew everyday starting with the singer treadle before I put on my braces. We have modified it so am able to still treadle just not as much of an angle I say I know I am sewing and my body says I know I am excersising. I also use my feather weight while standing in my standing frame I sew one handed and push the footpetal with the other hand, then inbetween I sew on my Berninna putting the footpetal on a slanted stool. I make mostly quilts for family and friends plus lap quilts and cuddle quilts for our quilds comunity projects. Thankyou for your offer of show specials I think I will waite till next year as I spent some of my dream money and am refocusing. My dream was to own a longarm Tin Lizzie 18 I have been saving for 3 1/2 years and when we went to the Vermont Quilt Festival in August I planned on talking to them about getting one. The price had gone up to $ 7,000 The sales person had a demo she would sell me for $ 3,500 I only had $3,000 I visited with her 3 times and we agreeed I could call her on Monday with my final confirmation . When I called her on Monday at 8.30 Am she told me had sold it..I am still devastated That was why I also spent so much I do not usually but let me say I am so glad I did . It really was worth it I have been feeling so happy about my cutting ..I have to ask my husband for so many things and I always felt a little guilty asking him to do my cutting. He is so wonderful and does so cheerfully but its something I am in control of again and can do when I want instead of waiting . I am so blessed to have a loving husband of 42years 1 month With him and a stach of fabric , sewing machines and now my cutter and mat I do not need anything, but I do want a longarm some day . Your letter made me feel like your friends who care not a bussiness. I am glad I made your day, Cathy

cathy sprague >> Request_Address1 - 789 brattleboro rd >> Request_Address2 - >> Request_City - hinsdale >> Request_State - nh >> Request_Zip - 05301 >> Request_Phone - >> Request_Fax - >> Request_Email - dcsprag@sover.net >> Request_Comments - I purchased your cutter, mat and long ruller at the >> show in N.H. on thursday I had given myself a little talk

Don't know what happened to my first blog. Only the second one showed up!!!

I have been very happy with my cutters, I have 4 small (45mm) and 2 large (60mm). I had a spring pop once and called the office, they sent me a spring and a DVD to show me how to properly replace it. It has been working fine. While reviewing the DVD I found I was putting too much downward pressure, and that was what most likely popped the spring. I also used their hand binding system and it cuts my binding time in half and always looks great! ;)

I have had many companies whose products fall far short of the advertising over the years, let's try to fix things before we bash.....

Sure glad to hear from Marsha Martelli, I guess I probably spoke to the wrong person the other day. Unfortunately we are 3 hours apart so it is too late to call her today, will try tomorrow.

Just to restate a couple of things apparantly missed in my initial post:

I DID like the ergonomics of the cutters, they really helped my shot shoulder.

I TRIED to contact them personnally several times and did not receive a reply.

I've NEVER heard of being charged for a replacement of defective merchandise.

I DID NOT have a problem with paying postage to return the cutters but I was NOT going to pay anything for a replacement. I tried to return them in person to their booth 2 hours away from my home but was not allowed to do so.

I am soooo glad we are in a free country and are able to talk about issues of interest to our group and I always look forward to the dialog pro or con.

Archived