Providence & MQX

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Lisa - try typing the address of the Westin (MQX hotel) into Google maps, then ask for hotels in the vicinity. It works pretty well for finding hotels that are close by, then you can check each one for availability and prices. We might have room in our room if you don't mind sharing a bed with a stranger (we're trying to go on the cheap). I'm staying with Ronda Beyer and Raylene Smith. We were supposed to have another gal from Australia, but I don't think she'll be able to come.

Linda

Hi Linda.

You are so sweet. I am not 100% certain I can go yet, so I'd hate to committ and let your group down, but THANKS!! My husband has to be able to take care of the kids...bla, bla, bla. I won't know for certain for quite a while.

Also, having had a "real job" before kids and quilting, I have Marriott Hotel points saved up for free nights. That's why I never get to stay with all of you in the fun hotel. I am not complaining, any way I get to go is fine with me! MQX Rocks!! The new place should be even bigger & better.

In looking into the Marriotts in the area, they seem to charge for nightly parking, then the host hotel/town center charges for parking while I'm there for the day. It could be $44 just to park each day! If that is the case, I may be better off staying farther away (for suburban=free hotel parking) or at the host hotel.

Just trying to figure out the options and cost...then to wait for hubby and his schedule.

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW NJ

Archived