New Hopping Foot & Timing-Yes!

I just wanted to share that I sucessfully got the new hopping foot installed and re-timed the machine! I had to call Connie Hurst (APQS) right off the bat because I couldn't figure out how to get the right front plate removed which is the first step. I thought, oh great this isn't off to a good start! Connie suggested coming in from the left front left plate as it much easier than trying to remove the 3 hole thread guide (thanks, Connie!!). I bet Connie was thinking, how many phone calls am I going to get from this lady if she can't even get the plate off! By this time I had already removed the tension disk and twisted and turned it so it was no longer set correctly! A couple more little mishaps and misalignments-husband had to unscrew the setting screw on the hook shaft as it was really tight. I thought, while he was hanging around, I'd get a little more elbow grease out of him and asked him to gently push the shaft in just a tad so I could completely remove the old hopping foot. Well, gosh darn, if he didn't push the shaft entirely in. I think the look on my face totally scared him (I thought I noticied a little sweat break out on his brow and perhaps a little tic) and he quickly worked at getting the shaft back out. Then the shaft and collar piece were a little loose and had to be retighten. From there it was realtively smooth sailing to re-time the machine!! Yes!! I don't think I could have done this without: APQS support and the maintenance video. So a word to the wise, if you don't have the maintenance video, purchase it as it is worth every penny and is readily available at 1 am in the morning when Connie is not.

Nancy :)

Duluth, MN

Hey Nancy,

Good Job, I knew you could do it!!

Don't ever hesitate to call me if you need something, that is what I am here for!!

(Ya know a little job security is always good) LOL

Nancy is right, everbody should have one of our maintanance video's, as much as I wish I could always be here, I have to sleep once in awhile.. Ha..HA.

I'm proud of you Nancy!!!

Have a Good one!

Connie

APQS Service

Diane,

I believe the new hopping foot is about $130-140 and the video is listed for $30 on the APQS site. The new foot is wonderful. I am having fun playing with all the rulers and templates! You need an extended base for the rulers and templates.

Nancy

Archived