Not about LA quilting but pumped from taking a piecing class today

Just took a class today from Toby Lischko on doing the unfoundation piecing method making a New York Beauty block. I've never done paper piecing, was always scared of those points and small pieces, and never was any good at curved piecing (still have an unfinished Drunkard's Path quilt that I started 4 years ago and had no desire of finishing it). Toby made it all so easy, and I was successful in making the block!

My advice, take a class in something you fear or are intriqued by and maybe, just maybe somebody will take the fear out of it and make it all better for you.;)

That is so true! Last year Jan Krentz came and taught for our guild and I took the 2 day Lone Star quilt class. Paper piecing, Y seams, UGH! But she is an excellent teacher, patient and thorough, and I was determined to complete the quilt. It is still a top, not quilted, but when my quilting skills improve I'll get it done. I take classes to learn and even though I may not finish the class project, at least I've learned something.

Bravo for you, Cindy. I couldn't agree more! Keep pushing yourself and you never know what you can master! As Program co-director for our large Guild the past two years, I have been present for several classes with teachers I'd never have chosen or topics I thought didn't interest me. In every single case, I have learned something new which has advanced & improved my own quilts. Nancy in Tucson

Archived