2007 Millenium Sold

Hi, a few of you may remember me. Its been a year since I've been on here, but I was on here a lot before that.

Trying to babysit my two grandchildren and run a quilting business profitably became too much for me last January. I finally gave up and went back to work in "the real world". After putting it off for 10 months I'm finally going to put my Millenium up for sale. We really need the room, so I can't justify keeping it, even though it is killing me to do this.

I bought it in September, 2007. I have quilted fewer than 50 quilts on it. My table is 12 feet long. It has horizontal and vertical channel locks. It has the thread cutter, but I've only used it once or twice. I learned on a Liberty without the thread cutter, so just never got used to using one.

It comes with the following:

At least 40 bobbins, most wound with thread.

The Maintenance Guide which is wonderfully helpful.

A maintenance and service video; also, very helpful.

A video on loading a quilt

At least 30 cones of thread, including King Tut, Highlight, Bottom Line and Rainbows.

At least five Pantograms.

An extended base plus a larger piece of plexiglass that I had cut to go behind the base.

Two bobbin cases.

Spare needles.

Two basic guides/templates.

Micro-drive handles.

The sheet of plastic that is gridded and goes on the table to help make it easier to line up pantographs. (Sorry, I can't remember its name.)

Zippers, although the zipper on the take up bar has some teeth missing at the very end. It was never a problem for me, but you might want to replace that one zipper. I have a spare set for the quilts.

A cone holder that sets on top of the head. My husband built it for me. It saved me a lot of time since I no longer had to go to the back of the machine to change thread when I was doing custom quilting.

The tools needed to maintain the machine, plus a can of wax and big bottle of liquid Silicone.

A black light bulb.

I know I probably have more to just throw in with it, but I can't think what else there is.

I'm asking $12,000 plus shipping costs. I live in Oklahoma City. I still have the box for the head, but not for the legs or the table. If you want to pick it up, I'll give you some basic lessons in loading a quilt, maintenance of the machine, and a few things that I learned the hard way.

This is a really great machine and its really hard for me to part with it. I'm sure the next owner will love it just as much as I do.

Phyllis Hughes

Oklahoma City

Well, they are both still alive. It seems that big brother wouldn't let little sister sit in the chair with him, so she whacked him in the face with a toy. The toy is in the trash, big brother has been comforted by Momma and little sister is in the naughty chair for two minutes. Everything is normal for this household!

It got to where my quilting time was becoming less and less and childcare duties were more and more. You can't make a living or even a hobby on one custom quilt a month unless you can charge big bucks for it. So, my friend, Joy, offered me a job at her business at just the right moment and I took it. The grandchildren go to daycare and they love it! I still hate the thought of them in daycare, but decided my sanity was important, too. The only problem is that now I have even less time for my own sewing and quilting than before.

We need another room for the grandchildren, which means I've got to clean out part of my sewing room so my husband can move out of his office into the other half of my sewing room. Then grandson's bed can go into what is actually the fourth bedroom. Thus, my Millie has to go. I need to sell my other machine quilting items, too. I've just got to do an inventory and figure out exactly what needs to go and what can stay.

So how are things going for you? Are you quilting professionally again? How is your granddaughter doing?

I didn't see Linda from Ramona on any of the posts today, but I didn't read but today's. I recognized a few names, but not really many. There were so many really super people on this forum. I hope they are still here and making it as a quilter.

Got to go help put the grandbabies to bed.

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis

I'm so sorry to hear you are having to give up your machine. I can understand what a wrench that must be.

You are right, names and faces have changed on the forum, with new tales and experiences, not better or worse but different and enriched by the inevitable changing nature that brings.

I hope that as one door closes another opens for you.

With every best wish.

Phyllis,

I am working fulltime at Garmin International (the GPS company) and quilting when I want to. I have 3 customer quilts to finish and I am still working on my son's wedding quilt. I am piecing a quilt for MQS right now, and do that in the evenings while watching TV with DH. I was suffering burn out with quilting for customers. I hope to go back to it someday, but for now, I am content to only quilt when I want to.

I'm sure you will find a buyer for your machine. I know this machine was well loved and cared for. Hopefully you will be back.

Archived