HELP!!! Hook Problems

Help, I think something is wrong with my hook/ hook assembly.

I quilted 3 quilts yesterday without any problems, then I put on my 4th customer quilt and about half way through my needle hit a bulky seam (this quilt is full of them due to lots of little pieces and poorly pressed seams) Causing my needle to break and causing my retaining finger to dislodge and my hook assembly went crazy as well. (this was at 11:00 PM) got my DH up out of bed to try to fix the thing and I don't think he fixed it right, here's the new problem now the hook seems to be very loose (the bobbin basket is being held in place by the retaining finger but the hook seems to move to easily with my fingers (I don't rember it being that loose before) any ways my stitches seem fine but when I start to stitch maybe a half a row or so then out of no where the needle sounds like it hits something metal and then the needle breaks again (I broke a total of 4 needles on this quilt! the first 3 didn't do any damage to the quilt that you could see unless you have a magnifying glass but the last needle breakage caused a 1/4" tear along a seam with some scuff damage that is about an inch long!

I am thinking DH needs to completely start over with my timing and take the hook completely out and try to fix it... but how? The photos in my old 2005 Liberty manual are very poor and we can't see a good enough pic of how the hook retaining finger bobbin basket set up should really look like and my DVD that I got with my machine goes straight into the loadding info and my computer won't show the different chapters/sections for me to locate the maintenance area of the DVD where I know I saw the info that I/DH needs to fix this thing.

HELP I am up against deadlines need to finish the quilt on my machine and then 9 more quilts over the next 3 days WITHOUT ANY MORE QUILT DAMAGE!!!!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Archived