What a mess

Unless she is a fellow longarmer, she'll never get her nose that close to the quilt to see any mistakes. And if she is a fellow professional longarmer, she'll be soooo happy just to have a quilt for herself, as all her time is spent on other people's quilts, that she won't notice either!:D

Thanks to you all for helping me feel up-beat about this quilt. It actually took guts to be able to post the pictures. You all are my role models so I hesitate to show you poor workmanship. I shouldn't be a newbe anymore but I sure am. Bonnie, buggered-up is a perfect phrase to describe this quilt. I kept trying to "hit my mark" on the CCs but I missed about 1/2 the time. I also couldn't get to a happy medium on how big those CCs should be. My SLD hit also about 1/2 the time and I discovered I did better without my ruler most of the time on short spaces. The worst were my handguided feathers. I started by drawing them out but I ended up with a few zig-zags and fat feathers and such. They got better as I went. The lady who will get this quilt will probably not notice all the yulks but I can sure pick them out. I try not to be hard on myself but I really like for my work to be REALLY GOOD and this time it was not. One day I will be like Bonnie, Heidi, JoAnn, Linzi, Shana, Jeanne, and all the others on here who I haven't named but you know who you are! You are just the best and I strive to do what you do. I just need years of PPP. I sure hope the Lord gives them to me. Thanks you for your support.

Archived