Bowtie quilt

Janice

I look at your website everyday but have only posted a couple of times. You all answer a lot of questions for me. You're great. l love the site.

I have a bowtie quilt to quilt. It is small. How do I do it? The center of the bowtie is elevated, kind of puffy, with no stitching thru it, like little pockets. . Do I stitch in that part or just the rest of the quilt. Can you tell I am a newby? I have only seen a bowtie quilt in pictures. Thanks for your help.::o

This is going to be fun! I wouldn't stitch in the puffy part, there are some Bowtie quilts that are made to stand out in that area. That means this one will be either freehand, with an overall design, and avoid those areas or custom, so that you put a design in the tie part and then quilt the background differently. It is totally up to you. If you do something in the background of the block to achieve a custom look, just make sure the scale of the quilting is small enough to push the background to the back and make the quilting in your tie area speak for itself. You can search webshots for pictures of Bowtie quilts to give you an idea of how to do this. ,

Archived