need help with feathers

How do you keep nice curves when stitiching in the vien for feathers. I want to do a whole cloth but I find my vien to be a little wobbly at times. How do the pros make such nice feathers using freehand sewing not a panto, not marking, just standing at the front and stitiching the vien and then making the feathers. My feathers are quite nice but I have problems making nice viens are their any books on free notion feathers of perhaps a technique that could help me to perfect this type of quitling?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Tina

The Quilt Lady

Tina I have a tough time with this as well. I find that I'm getting better as I make time on One Day a week to just PRACTICE. I will say that I purchased some Videos at IMQS and they are great. I plan to look for more from other teachers.

I am taking about 6 weeks off just to practice some techniques. I use the CQ alot as my customers are loving it but I need to be doing more Freehand work as I find it takes me a few minutes to get the swing again if alot of my quilts are CQ.

I need my Liberty. Thats what I need. lol

Yes, Tammie~

It is a good time to have CQ humming away while I "crank" out those feathers & other freehand quilting on the Liberty! ;)

Sometimes I almost feel guilty about how much FUN I have "working"~ not!:P

Life is good! :D

I'm just glad my DH loves to cook.

You know its funny. One day I was getting the dishes done before everyone had even finished eating as I was such a Neat freak about my house and today, I could't find a thing in the Kitchen. My husband has everything the way he likes it. lolol

I haven't done the laundry or cooked in at least 6 months. Boy have I changed since I began my Quilting Adventure.

My parents came by the other day and noticed that I have things kinda stacked in the corner of my Living room that I need to put away and my Dad commented on the fact that my Housekeeping skills are dwendling. lol My Husband laughed and simple said she doesn't do that anymore. She Quilts. lolol

I couldn't do this without him. lol

Archived