wheel adjustments

I am trying to adjust my wheels. My machine seems alittle tight. I am practicing my macro. I feel like I'm working really hard to move it in Man. It of course glides easier in Man but it seems tight especially when I am going up and to the left on a feather. They keep trying to square off on the ends.

Definitely Man.

It seems alittle stiff but maybe its just me.

I just loosened the front to about 8 oclock on both side from front. This seems a tad loose as machine feels kinda rocky.

I'm going to go back to beginning. 9 oclock and try again.

Could it be the back wheels?

Hi Tammy....

I set my front carriage screws to the 9 o'clock position and could not get the "feel" I wanted until I turned it to the 12 o'clock position. So you might want to experiment a little, every machine can be a little different in their adjustments. FWIW...

Hi Grammie,

It looks like that one little black wheel ( encoder wheel ) is not sstraight.. if you loosen the set screws ( 5/64ths.. allen wrench) then you can make sure that is sitting straight and not at an angle.

When adjusting the wheels, make sure the gold bolt under the carraige wheels are not to tight, as that will bind the wheel...

Also, be sure to check that you don't have a channel lock engaged..

I'm sure it is nothing major, however I know it is very frusterating!

Keep us posted and we will get you through it!

I suggest not going with 9:00 or 8:00, clock settings. Go by feel. It should not rock or wiggle but it should glide. You should be able to push the machine away from you and it should move from the front of the machine to the back of the machine. If it doesn't your wheels are too tight. Also re-level your machine, left right, front and back on each end, you will be surprised how this will change just sitting there. Your machine will sink into the carpet. I know this probably isn't right but I spray a very very very little amount of wd40 on batting and clean my rails. I then rewipe with a dry cloth. WEEEEEE those wheels fly. Your wheels should not be so loose that they sit at an angle. If you wiggle your front handles left to right, there should be no play or fishtailing.

Hope this helps.

Archived