Corners - a Design by Deb pattern

Sue E.

Hi everyone, has anyone ever used a Design by Deb pattern utilizing a corner. I recently purchased her "New 2006 Swirls for Sashing" patterns and they include a corner. I cannot for the life of me get the corner to center or scale the same as the repeat. Everytime I tell the CQ that I want the pattern to set to the center of the pattern, it only will show the start of pattern. However, I can get it to start at the upper right-hand corner, but this doesn't help me trying to get the size to sew out correctly.:mad:

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I have written to Deb asking her for advice and I'll see what I get back.

Also, this is the first time I've had a chance to use the CQ since the new update and I'm wondering if this is another "glitch" in the program.

Sue once you find out please be sure and share it with me if you don't mind.

I am having some weird things happen also. But I am usually working late so the opportunity to call hasn't happened yet.

I find my needle just begins out of the blue. It did it a few times and the motor and run were off.

I have learned to remove any thread from the needle when starting up my CQ.

I'll be glad when I have some quality time to work with it.

Grammie, there are several problems with this corner pattern. The main one is that it is actually a motif pattern and not a corner pattern. The CQ corner is entirely unique to the CQ and thus designers for the Statler don't know how to properly digitize for it.

The other problem is that Deb did not give this pattern an X,Y at 0 centerpoint (which all our designs must have I've been told) and I think this is the biggest problem I am having - I cannot get the pattern to center properly. Also, because this is a motif and not a corner, the pattern height is different for both the corner (motif) pattern and the repeat pattern making it a nightmare trying to get the percentages to match for proper alignment.

I am going to write to Deb again and mention these things to her and see what she will do about it. I also bought another pattern package from her that has a corner design. I haven't had a chance to look at it, but I am going to assume that I will have the same problem with it.

Previously I had only purchased repeat patterns from Deb and never had a problem. This is something we need to be aware of in the future to avoid such problems.

Archived