OK ONE MORE QUESTION

Ok I am going to begin my Batik quilt I showed a photo of a week or so ago and I am going to SID the entire Quilt.

All the background (white/cream mix) will be micro stippled also. I was hoping for some fun for the back. I know I should probly use the same color on top and back but the cream will be kinda boring on the back. What your thoughts.

Also when I SID each block I want to SID in the COLOR that the block is in and NOT just the Cream so I will have color on the back. Is that going to be kosher? I mean if the block is orange I want it to be SID in that color. I know it will mean alot of thread changes but I want the back to look good as well. I'm not asking this question very well.

Sorry to bother you again. I'm alittle nervous about doing this quilt but I'm sure once the top is loaded I will probly be over it by then.

I love Myrna's techiniques using geometric shapes and having fun with circles. I am hoping to give that a try but hopefully add something of my own style to it. She is such an inspiration and a great mentor. When I grow Up I want to be just like her. lol

It has taken me longer to figure out what I want to do than than I thought it would. Kinda stressful. I felt kinda stuck for about a week or so. I think I've figured it out. Good thing they would like me to do the quilt sometime this year. I hope I make it. lolol

Thanks everyone.

Tammie. This is just the way I quilt.I match the top and the bottom. No matter how many thread changes I have. I am a fussy quilter and it does not bother me. Some it would make crazy.

I know once you get started you creative juices will lead you from one thing to the next. And yes, half way throuhgt you may think that you have soooo messed up this quilt. But go with it and you will be so pleased in the end. We each have develope our own style not matter what inspires you. You will add your own signature so to speak. Keep us posted.

myrna

There are those quilts that intimidate you so much, you are scared to get started. You put it off and put it off and wonder if you will do it justice.

I find that these quilts turn out to be the most fun and the stars seem to align so that the machine runs like a dream!!! I wonder what I was so scared of!!!

Then a little while later...the next scary one comes along!!!

Have fun and don't question your intuition....go with your gut and don't look back..............

Sandra

Archived