tension ? to the top 4 Nona

meg

Thanks............all very helpful information. I got a spool of So Fine with my machine, but have a lot of King Tut thread that I love. I used it all the time on my HQ and never a problem. Stitched great. I also use the prewound Bottom Line bobbins almost exclusively. I have some Magna Glide bobbins ordered and anxious to use those.

This morning I quilted a wallhanging for my Mom using the prewound bobbin and So Fine on top. Worked fine. Then I got brave and put on a spool of KT. I increased the # of stitches per inch and went a little slower. Seemed to work OK this time. I'll put on a practice piece and continue to experiment and write down what works.

Thanks for all the tips. Glad to see I am not alone in the Tension saga of longarming! ;)

I haven't read every word of the answers, but I'm jumping in here!!;):D

I was having tension issues, and Amy to the rescue!! (APQS tech) It was my hopping foot. It was set too high at the factory. Since I lowered it I have had no troubles.....well, not with thread anyways!!!

I love King Tut and BL together, or King Tut and So Fine in the bobbin. Works great!

Also remember, the tension dials aren't like our DSMs. You really have to crank them to see a difference. I also run 3 or 4 lines of Sewers Aid down the cone of King Tut. It helps keep the lint down.

Archived