Outside Border What thread color

Myrna this is the outside border fabric. It appears to have the sorta leaves or fern print. I want to stipple everthing outside of the Concentric Circles and I'm not sure what thread. The invisible will shine and I dont want that. I could use a really deep green or as I said I'm just not sure.

WEll I am still on the top row of blocks. Having a tough time at it. The stippling looks great. I SID the borders and just skipped them until I can get focused on them.

I did do some circles in the border but I frogged them as they didn't look good. I'm rusty with my Hartley. I'll go back and try again. Sometimes you just have to move on to something else.

This SID'ing is tougher than I thought. I am using my rulers and getting better as I move along but its harder than it looks. I generally find myself stitching along the very edge of the darker color.

I am still enjoying this but I am slow compared to all of you more experienced as I'm sure is expected.

My Husband keeps coming out to check on me and its funny because I think he's feeling sorry for me as I've been agonizing alittle. lolol

I think the word "CUSTOM" has me frozen. lolol

Stop being frozen. It just a quilt. Relax and you will find it goes much smoother. For SID remember do not press the ruler hard. It make it harder to go. If you have to turn your speed down to almost a stitch at a time. until you find the speed that is good for you. Yes, at times I do not us my SR for ditch work. Custom work takes time and it ends up being worth it. You charge more for it also. Remember you have are doing thing you have never done before. You will get better with each thing you do.

When using your fence to keep in mind running a spatula along the inside of the rim of a bowl. you want to keep the pressure of the spatula even on the rime to get all the brownie mix off the bowl. The fence is the same way. You want to keep the even but light pressure again around the rim.

Keep your goal for this quilt in sight and you will shine in the end. You have shown nothing but you creative abilities and ambition so far. Keep up the good work. You will not fail now:)

Myrna

You are very welcome Tammie!

Sometimes we need to hear things from our friends & look after one another! ;)

I am fine one to talk though, I am painting today!:P

Oh Teresa you do need a new machine just for that reason. So many things you can do when using it. Please come see us in Nashville in August. I'll give you a great hands on demo on the fence and of course the machines: Nashville is a great show to attend!

The analogy made me want a brownie for sure;)

Myrna

Ohhh, Chocolate. I took my son to Dairy Queen and I got an Extreme Chocolate Blizzard. Believe it or not, it was too much chocolate, even for me. I ended up pitching about half of it, but what I did eat was sure good.

Myrna I will be in Nashville on the Saturday of the show. I was going to try to do Friday and Saturday, but I have hardly any sick days left at work since I had the pneumonia in October. I will definitely be seeing you on Saturday.

Teresa

Archived