Does anyone have a Pfaff creative 2 I have a problem?????

Hi,

Does anyone out there have a DSM Pfaff creative 2.0 as I am having a problem with my stitches not forming correctly.

If anyone can post a photo of the bobbin area please so that I can check all of mine is in the correct direction.

If possible a photo with the bobbin case in, and another one without the bobbin case out ?

Many thanks in advance.:)

Otherwise its off to the shop to get fixed !!

:(

Janette, I have a CV, so not exactly the same machine, BUT I do believe the bobbin area is identical.

Unfortunately I'm not at home, so I can't post any pictures until this evening. Did you take the whole bobbin area apart, the plate, and the two pieces of bobbin casing? If you haven't, I would do that. Then take a soft brush and clean out the bobbin area. First put the roundish piece back in, with the spiky part pointing toward the back of the machine, then the U shaped piece slides in over top, after that snap your plate back on top. Then place your bobbin back into the case with the thread coming off the TOP of the bobbin to the left (hold bobbin in right hand, pull thread to the left). With the bobbin in place and the thread still in your left hand, gently pull the thread around to the bottom around the guide at the bottom, you'll hear a click. Then lay the thread across the bobbin and around the guide on the left. You're ready to draw up your bobbin thread now.

I find the bobbin much touchier on my CV than I did on my 2170. I hope I've helped you. If not, let me know, or send me any questions. If you need photos, I can send them to you this evening. :)

Hi Linda,

Thanks for all of that info. I have taken it all apart already and cleaned it and although it is kind of stitching again, once I moved the bottom casing around, although the tension is now to pot and I have bumps on the top, and however I adjust the tension it is still bobbly. I think the timing is slightly out and I may have moved the bottom bobbin casing when it jammed. I don't know however where to line it all up again.

Photos would definitely help when you got home if it is not too much bother for you. If I fix it in the meantime I will let you know so you dont have to worry about photos.

Many thanks

Oh that is just so frustrating, isn't it. I would redo everything, even rethreading your machine and I would try a different bobbin. Sometimes if the bobbin didn't wind on evenly it will give you trouble.

When I have trouble with mine, I will have a birds nest on the bottom and my machine makes a different noise when stitching, so I usually stop immediately and do all that I've suggested and it seems to work okay. I have to admit, the last time I had this happen, (2 days ago), I had to go through the cleaning and rethreading twice before I got nice stitches again.

I'll take the photos when I get home, about 6 pm central time. Hang in there! :)

Thanks Linda, I think I am OK now, I changed the needle and thread and it seems to be behaving itself now that I have moved the bobbin casing around, it must have jolted out of place. I am not 100% sure it is in the right place, but it is working almost perfect.

Thanks

:)

Archived