needle up and down feature is crazy

Hello,

I need help. I know this is a holiday weekend. I figure some one is out there who may have had this same problem in the past.

My needle up and down seems to have gone crazy. I try to turn off the machine and the needle up and down keeps cycling. it will not turn off. this happnes in either the manual or stitch regulator mode. I have to go to the back of the machine and turn it off at the master switch. I tried using another button to turn off the machine.

Does any one know what is going on???

I let my machine warm up for 15 minutes to make sure it was not cold. it still does it. :P

Hey Sherry! ;)

You are right on!

If it is helpful to anyone, I have a Word file & pictures of this adjustment as well. But anyone that wants the pictures will have to E-mail me for the document. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjusting the APQS Millennium?s

Needle Up/Down Speed

There is a tiny screw under the top cover of the APQS Millennium that needs to be adjusted. It is very easy to access and adjust if you follow these steps.

Step 1: Before you do anything, you first need to unplug your machine!

Also, as you are working on it, it is a good idea to touch the metal on the cover frequently to be sure you don't have any static.

Step 2: Now that the machine is unplugged, you can remove the front two bolts on each side of the top cover. Follow the arrows in the following picture for the location of those screws.

Step 3: Next, you need to slightly loosen the 3rd bolt from the front on each side of the top cover as shown below. You don't need to remove it, just loosen it. It becomes the hinge for the top front cover (as you'll see in the Step 4).

Step 4: Now pull up on the front of the top cover so you can access the tiny screw as shown below.

Step 5: Look at the following photo to see which screw to adjust. It is the only screw pointing to the side, so that makes it easy to find. Turn this screw counter clockwise to increase the needle up/down speed, and clockwise to slow it down.

I would suggest turning it one full rotation, then close the cover (you don't have to put the bolts back in yet), plug your machine back in, and push your needle up button to see if the speed is okay. If it's not quite right yet, then unplug your machine, lift the front of the cover, and adjust the screw again. Repeat these steps until the speed is about where you want it. You can rotate it a half a turn at a time to fine tune it.

Final Step: When the speed is where you want it, you can close the cover and put the bolts back in. Don't tighten the bolts until they are all in because you might have to move the cover slightly to get the bolt holes to line up.

If the needle up/down speed is too fast, it will start to over-cycle, which means that when you press the button to stop stitching, it will continue to stitch a few extra stitches. If it does this, you will simply need to turn that little screw clockwise one full turn, and try it again.

Also remember, that as the machine breaks in (and also as it warms up) the needle up speed will increase slightly. So you may have to slow it down a little bit if it starts over-cycling.

So that's it. You now know how to adjust the needle up/down speed for an APQS Millennium.

• 4 months later...

I thought I was going nuts. My needle up and down would suddenly go crazy and I could not make the machine stop with out powering it down. would you believe I am on the last row..arrgh!

anyone know why this happens?

OK I will try the pointers listed above, if you hear me scream some one come running!

thanks for the hints! Marlin in Miami FL

Very nice Linda and Sherry.

You are both so very helpful! Always!

Tish

Originally posted by (name removed)

Hey Sherry! ;)

You are right on!

If it is helpful to anyone, I have a Word file & pictures of this adjustment as well. But anyone that wants the pictures will have to E-mail me for the document. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjusting the APQS Millennium?s

Needle Up/Down Speed

There is a tiny screw under the top cover of the APQS Millennium that needs to be adjusted. It is very easy to access and adjust if you follow these steps.

Step 1: Before you do anything, you first need to unplug your machine!

Also, as you are working on it, it is a good idea to touch the metal on the cover frequently to be sure you don't have any static.

Step 2: Now that the machine is unplugged, you can remove the front two bolts on each side of the top cover. Follow the arrows in the following picture for the location of those screws.

Step 3: Next, you need to slightly loosen the 3rd bolt from the front on each side of the top cover as shown below. You don't need to remove it, just loosen it. It becomes the hinge for the top front cover (as you'll see in the Step 4).

Step 4: Now pull up on the front of the top cover so you can access the tiny screw as shown below.

Step 5: Look at the following photo to see which screw to adjust. It is the only screw pointing to the side, so that makes it easy to find. Turn this screw counter clockwise to increase the needle up/down speed, and clockwise to slow it down.

I would suggest turning it one full rotation, then close the cover (you don't have to put the bolts back in yet), plug your machine back in, and push your needle up button to see if the speed is okay. If it's not quite right yet, then unplug your machine, lift the front of the cover, and adjust the screw again. Repeat these steps until the speed is about where you want it. You can rotate it a half a turn at a time to fine tune it.

Final Step: When the speed is where you want it, you can close the cover and put the bolts back in. Don't tighten the bolts until they are all in because you might have to move the cover slightly to get the bolt holes to line up.

If the needle up/down speed is too fast, it will start to over-cycle, which means that when you press the button to stop stitching, it will continue to stitch a few extra stitches. If it does this, you will simply need to turn that little screw clockwise one full turn, and try it again.

Also remember, that as the machine breaks in (and also as it warms up) the needle up speed will increase slightly. So you may have to slow it down a little bit if it starts over-cycling.

So that's it. You now know how to adjust the needle up/down speed for an APQS Millennium.

Hi Marlin!

Good for you!;)

Like my friend Linda B. stated it is part of the normal break in process, if you need the digital photo's just let me know, I am happy to E-mail them to anyone that would like a copy. :)

I would be delighted to have you in my showroom, your son lives in my backyard!

Call me when you make the trek to Oregon, I can hardly believe that it is snowing out side right now!

You might want to wait til spring!:P

Originally posted by Marlin

Linda, thank you very much for your responses, I always look forward to reading your messages. Always very informative :)

Next time I am in Eugene visiting my son I will have to ask for a trip to your part of the state.

thanks again

Marlin in Miami

Archived