sidewinder question

Another newbie question... Which direction do you turn the tension dial to tighten the thread wind? I was using my own sidewinder to wind some Lenni bobbins and tried to adjust the tension, turned it to the right a turn and the tension dial popped off and I can't get it back together. Before I break the new one I rec'd with my Lenni, I thought I better get some advice as it doesn't have any tension adjustment instructions... Thanks Maureen

Maureen, sorry you are having such a time with the Sidewinder... it isn't a very good product at all.

I really have no idea how to adjust it. The thread needs to be very tight going to the bobbin, and I couldn't achieve that at all.. didn't even come close... I can't remember what I did with it, but I got rid of it somehow and got a serious bobbin winder, as was advertised with my machine... Usually but not always, right is tight, and left is loose.. If you turned it to the right, when it broke, you might want to try the left direction and see what the results are.

Check out apqs and Gammil for bobbin winders and try to go from there, to get a real nicely wound bobbin, or ($$$) get the prewounds..

Good Luck.. Ritar

i got the BEST bobbin winder out on ebay. The Bengal One. I didn't do the buy it now option and was able to get it for less than the retail price. somewhere around $70 or $80 I think. It's sooo awesome. Love it. I call it the turbo winder and it's great. Much better than the one that came with my machine. I now use that one for monofiliment thread as i set the tension very light. Check The Bengal One out on ebay.

Archived