Flight Arrangements for Houston

gable428

Gable

Re airline flights you can fly into Bush or Hobby so just start looking for the best fare. I only rented a car the first year and after that I just take a shuttle to the hotel and back to the airport. If you are staying at the Hilton Americas (attached to the convention center) there are places close by to eat and the hotel will shuttle you there (for free!) I can give you the names of my favorite restaurants there if you want also.

Raquel

Hey Raquel! We aren't staying at the Hilton. I've made the arrangements so long ago I can't remember where. Extended stay something or other. Anyway, I've never heard of Hobby. Is that short for something? Yes, tell me your fave restaurants. Kolbi loves to go out and eat. Me, I can survive on protein bars, but she won't like that:P

Gable

For lunch the food at the convention center is.....convention food. I like to walk one block to the underground shops which are directly across from the 4 seasons hotel. It is a food court and there is a good BBQ place there along with about 10 other fast food style places.

For dinner one block from the convention center is Kim Son, asian food. The best steakhouse is Vic and Anthonys (excellent but expensive). Pappas BBQ has several locations and they have great stuffed baked potatoes ....you can add bbq beef brisket or whatever bbq you like to a huge baked potato. Also across from the convention center is a park and there is a good restaurant in it now.

You are going to have such a good time!!

Raquel

Gable

Just noticed I did not give you the airport info. My preference is Hobby but you will generally get a better fare into Bush.

Raquel Birch

California APQS representatvie

George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)

2800 North Terminal Road

Houston, Texas 77032

281-230-3100

Distance from GRBCC: 25 miles

Drive time: 30 minutes

Cost: $35.00-$45.00 / taxi;

$25.00 (one-way) shuttle

William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)

7800 Airport Blvd.

Houston, Texas 77061

713-640-3000

Distance from the GRBCC: 12 miles