skipping stitches

sharyngee

Hi guys i have looked throught the trobleshooting topics to many to read to find my answer.

i have a libarty with SR i have played with my needle adjusted my bobbin case and my tension but i find that every now and then it will skip some stitches and then its fine again ive had a look at my encoder wheels but im not sure if they need to be adjusted or if it may be my timing

when i stop moving my machine with the SR on the needle will continue to go up and down

any help or ideas will be great thanks sharyn

Look and see if the skipped stitches are happening when your machine is moving in a certain direction. Either going left and up, or left and down. I had the same problem doing crosshatching. Going through all the steps you did to correct the problem, I then tried a heavier needle. Went from 4.0 to 3.5. So far the skipped stitches have quit in those directions. I also slowed down going those directions too. It seems that needle deflection was making it so the needle didn't pick up the bobbin thread. So the heavier needle didn't deflect as much. I'm doing more crosshatching today...so hopefully I don't have to eat my words...and the problem is really solved.

Archived