Yipeah! Doing the happy dance!

Good morning, everybody!

What amazing news to wake up to this morning!

Licorice & Lace won 1st place! I cannot believe this! I'm up on cloud nine or higher...

Congratulations to all the other winners, especially Claudia, Heidi and my friend Gail Stepanek! This is just awesome!

I had planned to stay up for the results but then crashed at around midnight - knowing that my alarm clock would go off at 6am was very convincing at that point!

If somebody could get me a nice picture of my quilt with the ribbon attached that would be so great! Oh, how I wish I could be there for the MQX experience...

Hopefully next year...

I'm off to the woods for my morning run.

Have fun at the show everybody.

Hugs,

Birgit

Birgit, when I saw the pic you posted I was awe struck! Your quilting is just so........perfect. It looks like you used a computer - did you? If not, you ARE a computer!!!! That thing is just beautiful. I also love the colors on your quilt and the outside edges. What talent! You deserve every award you win!!!!

Sylvia,

Thank you so much.

No, my machine is not computerized. I do have a stitch regulator, though, and use it. Other than that, Licorice & Lace was basically ruler work (Kim Brunner's Melon templates mostly) and off course some maths up front to figure out the distribution of the motives across the top.

Thanks again,

Birgit

Archived