Longarm Sewing Software

Hi,

I'm getting ready to partition my new Mac with Windows OS so I can run my 4D Professional software for my Viking Designer Diamond Sewing machine. Sometime in the future I may want to purchase some longarm sewing software also and I'm assuming it will have to be loaded on Windows OS.

Can anyone tell me how much space I should allow for the longarm sewing software? I know how much I need for my 4D professional and the WIndows OS but I want to allow enough for expansion in the future for the longarm software so I need to include that in my partition size plus some extra.

Thanks much and Happy Quilting.....Mercedes

No, 50 gigs is plenty for the OS AND your software.

If you use Parallels 5 versus Bootcamp, it will set it up automatically, and resize the drive as needed. Plus, you can save all your files to the Mac side, which is how I have mine set up. I run EQ6 and the Bernina DPV6 software, plus the Machine Business Manager software on Windows on mine.

Mercedes, I've used VMware's Fusion for the past two years, it was always better than Parallels, but with the release of Parallels 5, it just skyrocketed ahead of Fusion, it's twice as fast and rock solid stable (something it definitely was not in the past). Anyway, just something to consider.

Archived