How do I quilt this? Need ideas!

Beautiful. What about a large motif in the 16 patch centers, a quarter triangle design in the lighter triange areas, and a cable running all through the green sashing area? Alex Anderson has a book, sorry can't recall the name, that has a super cable. Give me your email address and I will scan and attach some quarter square triangle designs and some center motifs, if you want.

I did one of these jewel box quilts ages ago...the customer didn't want a ton of quilting on it so I just did as Teresa said a large motif in the 16 patch centers with a motif, but only using half of it in the quarter triangles. And then using a varigated thread that had the same jewel tones in background of the lattice I stippled as big as I could not to mash it down, but to give it texture...then leaving the irish chain part with nothing, it gave a three level effect.

In the outside borders(she had two one small and one really large) I did a 2 or 3 inch cross hatch...it came out pretty. I don't have any pictures of it or I would attach them....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived