turbo winder w/ spool of thread

hi everyone -

i'm making a quick quilt for a sick friend and went to LQS for some thread. i bought bottom line but it is on a spool - not a cone. can i wind from a spool using the turbo winder or should i use my bernina to wind these bobbins?

thanks in advance - i dont know what id do without you all! ;)

hi everyone -

i'm making a quick quilt for a sick friend and went to LQS for some thread. i bought bottom line but it is on a spool - not a cone. can i wind from a spool using the turbo winder or should i use my bernina to wind these bobbins?

thanks in advance - i dont know what id do without you all! ;)

Meg, I use a lot of smaller spools and I've used them successfully on my turbo winder.

The only problem I've had is when the spool is less than 1/4 full ie nearly empty - it tends to shoot off the winder at high speed! I solved this by putting the small spool holder from my domestic Janome machine on top - no more problems.

shelley

Meg, I use a lot of smaller spools and I've used them successfully on my turbo winder.

The only problem I've had is when the spool is less than 1/4 full ie nearly empty - it tends to shoot off the winder at high speed! I solved this by putting the small spool holder from my domestic Janome machine on top - no more problems.

shelley

shelly - just moved my spool holder from the bernina over to the turbo til i'm done with this quilt. if anything shoots off the winder - i think my dog will have a heart attack. she is already terrified of it. if i so much as walk over to the table it sits on - she runs under the pool table with her tail between her legs. yup - that's my protector. :P:D:P:D

thanks for the heads up ;)

Originally posted by shelleywa

shelley

shelly - just moved my spool holder from the bernina over to the turbo til i'm done with this quilt. if anything shoots off the winder - i think my dog will have a heart attack. she is already terrified of it. if i so much as walk over to the table it sits on - she runs under the pool table with her tail between her legs. yup - that's my protector. :P:D:P:D

thanks for the heads up ;)

Originally posted by shelleywa

shelley

Archived