Vibration noise

cjtinkle

I very recently repacked the grease. My Millie just hadn't sounded right for about a year.

What I found was that the grease was very dry around the shaft. But fine further away.

It sounds "right" now. The only thing now is that there is a small amount of grease being flung out from the bobbin shaft. It ends up on the surrounding housing. Hate to think where it ends up when it is flung downwards. That's the next thing to sort out. :P

This morning I took both covers off the top of the machine, made sure nothing was loose inside, and put the covers back on. Vibration is gone! So even though all my screws were tight, something wasn't snugged up right!

Thanks for all the help, you guys are the best!

This morning I took both covers off the top of the machine, made sure nothing was loose inside, and put the covers back on. Vibration is gone! So even though all my screws were tight, something wasn't snugged up right!

Thanks for all the help, you guys are the best!

My Lenni is making a horrible tinny noise at the moment too!

It only does it when I am at a certain spot along the table for about 18 inches. Then stops!

I can't find anything loose but it certainly is a horrible rattle....maybe taking the cover off will work for me too.

It is definitely at the top of the machine.

My Lenni is making a horrible tinny noise at the moment too!

It only does it when I am at a certain spot along the table for about 18 inches. Then stops!

I can't find anything loose but it certainly is a horrible rattle....maybe taking the cover off will work for me too.

It is definitely at the top of the machine.

You know the hood of the machine? If you stand behind the head you will see two gaps on either side of it. There is a spacer there. I cut up the black foam tubes that were on the legs and put a small square of it in there with a screw driver. I just push it in. It stops the metal from ratteling.

You could use batting too but I like the foam.

You know the hood of the machine? If you stand behind the head you will see two gaps on either side of it. There is a spacer there. I cut up the black foam tubes that were on the legs and put a small square of it in there with a screw driver. I just push it in. It stops the metal from ratteling.

You could use batting too but I like the foam.

Archived