Print N- Fuse

Guest Linda S

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean Beth. Do you want to print the design out on the wrong side of the fabric, then put wonder-under or steam-a-steam on it and cut it out, then fuse it? I've used wonder-under (a Pellon product) for fusible applique before. It needs to be totally fused, or it will start popping up when you go to quilt it. I find it generally a better idea to at least lightly tack down the applique when making the quilt. Sometimes fusibles just don't stick well enough.

Oh - forgot to say, you could iron your fabric, right side down, onto the shiny side of freezer paper and run it through your printer or copier to get the designs if you didn't feel like tracing them.

Linda

Guest Linda S

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean Beth. Do you want to print the design out on the wrong side of the fabric, then put wonder-under or steam-a-steam on it and cut it out, then fuse it? I've used wonder-under (a Pellon product) for fusible applique before. It needs to be totally fused, or it will start popping up when you go to quilt it. I find it generally a better idea to at least lightly tack down the applique when making the quilt. Sometimes fusibles just don't stick well enough.

Oh - forgot to say, you could iron your fabric, right side down, onto the shiny side of freezer paper and run it through your printer or copier to get the designs if you didn't feel like tracing them.

Linda

Hi Beth,

I have a quilting buddy who used this for a McKenna Ryan pattern. She says it works well and keeps you from needing to trace all the shapes yourself. The only down-side was that the pattern sheet was huge so she had to first make a correct-size copy of the pattern to fit into her printer. Also, only ink-jet printers can be used--no laser printers. But the process was easy and her shapes were perfect.

Hi Beth,

I have a quilting buddy who used this for a McKenna Ryan pattern. She says it works well and keeps you from needing to trace all the shapes yourself. The only down-side was that the pattern sheet was huge so she had to first make a correct-size copy of the pattern to fit into her printer. Also, only ink-jet printers can be used--no laser printers. But the process was easy and her shapes were perfect.

Archived