Scrim or Not

I just used Legacy without scrim and I'm wondering if I should be using w/or w/o scrim. It is really nice and soft and I didn't have one pokey on a dk. brown backing. It has to be treated w/kindness as every pull w/the fingers leaves pucker. The quilting is to be no farther apart than 4". I have a whole roll. Was I smart or not for buying it?

I just used Legacy without scrim and I'm wondering if I should be using w/or w/o scrim. It is really nice and soft and I didn't have one pokey on a dk. brown backing. It has to be treated w/kindness as every pull w/the fingers leaves pucker. The quilting is to be no farther apart than 4". I have a whole roll. Was I smart or not for buying it?

Any batting that doesn't have scrim needs to be handled gently to avoid excessive stretching. What kind of batting is it from Legacy - the 100% cotton or the 80/20 blend? None of the battings from Quilter's Dream have scrim and I have used them alot before becoming a distributor for Pellon Legacy. They too need to be handled gently especially in the long arm.

Scrim is like a thin layer of bridal tulle that the batting fibers are pushed into for support. The scrim used in Legacy battings is much finer and softer than others but strong, enabling you to quilt up to 8" compared to 4". Some people are dead set against scrim, others aren't. For me it's a personal perference, I think that what Legacy has done with it's batting line and offering the most popular battings with a choice of scrim or without scrim is great!

The battings that I have used so far from Legacy have quilted up wonderfully and are very soft. I don't think you made a mistake, maybe it's just not exactly what you wanted. Use the roll you have but in the meantime check with whoever you bought it from or your regional long arm distributor (sorry I'm in PA!) to see if they have a package or board of the kind you have but with the scrim so that you can compare.

Good luck! Any other questions, I'll try to answer them!

Any batting that doesn't have scrim needs to be handled gently to avoid excessive stretching. What kind of batting is it from Legacy - the 100% cotton or the 80/20 blend? None of the battings from Quilter's Dream have scrim and I have used them alot before becoming a distributor for Pellon Legacy. They too need to be handled gently especially in the long arm.

Scrim is like a thin layer of bridal tulle that the batting fibers are pushed into for support. The scrim used in Legacy battings is much finer and softer than others but strong, enabling you to quilt up to 8" compared to 4". Some people are dead set against scrim, others aren't. For me it's a personal perference, I think that what Legacy has done with it's batting line and offering the most popular battings with a choice of scrim or without scrim is great!

The battings that I have used so far from Legacy have quilted up wonderfully and are very soft. I don't think you made a mistake, maybe it's just not exactly what you wanted. Use the roll you have but in the meantime check with whoever you bought it from or your regional long arm distributor (sorry I'm in PA!) to see if they have a package or board of the kind you have but with the scrim so that you can compare.

Good luck! Any other questions, I'll try to answer them!

Archived