Replacing tension spring

RBurrou874

Today after doing 2 quilts, stitching perfect, I find that my tension spring has broken off. It has been replaced before, but not by me and since I do not need to call my repair person for any reason...could someone give me step by step directions to do this myself. I do have a spare.

I really don't want to have to fool with the tension, since it has been excellent for months now.

The machine is an Ultimate 11

I'm very interested in this myself as I took my tension mechanism off to get inside because I had Superior Rainbow thread jump inside from the take up lever and into the needle bar gearing.

I figure one has to take this mechanism off to replace the tension spring so the answer to this one should aid me :).

Maureen

Sonoma CA

Ultlimate II

Hi All,

Around the corner to the right of where the tension control is, there is a little hole in the machine. You need a 5/64's allen wrench to loosen the set screw in there. (You can't see the set screw) once you get that loosened, you can pull the entire tension control out of the side of the machine.

If you are going in to take thread out of the inside, it is much easier to take the front left side cover off.. Then you don't have to deal with all the things in the way...

If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to call me!!!!

Connie

APQS Service

800-426-7233 ext.6

Woohoo! Connie, thanks for posting this note. It is so obvious now that I see it. :) I'll take your advice in future about opening the other panel, I went in this way because the thread had and I was just following. I'll know better next time.

Maureen

off to find an allen wrench set

Archived