anyone sell their quilts

So, I just addressed this in the "how to price" post.

I'm going to give you a sample invoice to show you what your time is really worth, and YES, at $200 you are losing your butt! Yes, It's fun! But, your time is sooooo worth something!

Here's a sample:

Quilt Invoice

Piecing, Applique..................................90 hours @ $20/hr.....................$1800.00

Fabric/Backing/Batting...............................................................................$250.00 (minimum amt.)

Custom Long Arm Quilting......................90” x 90” = 8100/si @ .05¢/in = $405.00

Binding.........................................................360 linear inches @ .10¢/LI = $36.00

Total...........................$2491.00

Also, our charity group thought our little charity quilts weren't worth much, so here's what I came up with:

Here’s an approximate cost of the charity quilts:

top - 1.5yds @ $9 per yd = $13.50

fleece - 1.5 yds @ $4.50 per yard = $6.75

Time in constructing 3 hours @ $10/hr = $30

Quilting 1.5 hours @ $20/hr = $30

Binding 1.5 hours @ $10/hr = $15

hand sewing of label 30 min @ $10/hr = $5

total amount = $100.25 per quilt

This doesn’t include the cutting of fabric, thread, making of the label, or making of the bag that it goes in which could add another $30-$40. There may be other things I forgot, but this is a place to start...

These costs should be added to the annual amount we donate.

They were thinking that because the fabric was donated and the guild purchased the fleece, that it was all FREE!

I hope this helps!

Archived